To find out more about what I'm doing, start here.

Monday, May 27, 2013

6

I am going to have to fill in some gaps here, when I was six-ish. Around this age, my parents took me and my brother on another trip to Mexico. Just to make it interesting, they decided to drive. From upstate New York. To Central Mexico. With two young kids. Just in case you were wondering, that's 2,878 miles. Each way. Here's the map.

 
They had been planning on camping each night, but it ended up being way too hot and they opted for hotels instead. I remember insisting that every hotel we stayed at had to have a pool. One week after we set out, we arrived in Cuernavaca. Throughout my childhood, we went to Mexico about every four years - though this was the only time we drove. We also had an annual camping trip to the beach. Each summer, we'd pack up our stuff and stay in Salisbury, Massachusetts for about a week. It was a long drive across the mountains and we'd leave super early, so my brother and I were always tired and carsick during the ride. But it was fun once we got there. We'd spend a lot of time on the beach, riding bikes, walking on the boardwalk, and hanging out by the campfire. Sometimes family friends would come with us, other times we made friends there. We took a lot of other smaller trips and vacations, but those were the staples.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment