To find out more about what I'm doing, start here.

Monday, June 17, 2013

28

If you haven’t done it, I highly recommend taking the roundabout way around the Life Plan. For example, instead of dating, getting engaged, getting married, moving in together, getting established in your jobs, and having kids, try dating, moving in together, getting pregnant, getting married, having a baby, getting established in your jobs, getting engaged, then getting married again.



I am so lucky to have such a supporting and loving family and family-in-law. At age 28, Steven and I were able to have our wedding celebration with friends and family. We worked for months on all the typical wedding things: venue, flowers, dress, attire, decorations, vendors, etc. I recruited support in the form of a bridal party representing different periods in my life: Jessa Vosburg-Allen, my friend since birth, Shawna Weeks, my freshman year college roommate, Allison Turcotte-VanGuilder, rugby teammate and sorority sister, and Sara Downing, my Boston buddy. I knew it was an interesting combination because no one really knew each other, and each girl had a unique personality and talents. They came together and I think half of my fun was seeing these quality women interact and the million laughs we had together.












The task of planning a wedding was daunting, and I am not normally a big planner (shocking, I know), but when it comes down to it, I learned that with the right people, I can pull it off.
Uncle Bob hosted the rehearsal dinner.
My sister-in-law's amazing cupcakes.
Napkin folding. I only went slightly bridezilla on this one.

Kingsland Bay State Park, Ferrisburg, Vermont. My dad, Isac, Steven, and others did all the day-of set up.

Cake, made by Steven and decorated by my mother-in-law and cousins.

Candy bar and uncle Bob's honey wine. Rustic signs painted by my aunt. Candy jars borrowed from our new friends/neighbors.


Pink, green, and orange. Family friend provided our beautiful flowers.
Allison's husband designed this memento.

New friend Ashley Clark-Fitzgerald came over at the last minute to help spray adhere these wedding program fans together.


Table names were places that were significant to me and Steven.
Of course, the best part was seeing everyone together, from Mexico, Hawaii, Texas, Tennessee, and Georgia, to New York, Massachusetts, and Vermont, Steven and I were blessed with a whole lot of love on August 7, 2011. Unfortunately, none of which could surpass our love for each other. In the words of our first dance song, Lullabye by The Dixie Chicks,

They didn't have you where I come from. Never knew the best was yet to come... How long do you wanna be loved? Is forever enough... 'cause I'm never, never giving you up.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment